You take the role of Juno, a survivor of the apocalypse and a trained engineer (a shout-out to Isaac from Dead Space), trying to navigate between a failing human society cloistered in fortified sanctuaries and an outside world ravaged by the infection.
Updated: May 20 2018
Platform: PC / Windows
Install instructions: :
2- Click on”Game.exe” to start playing.
Med station upgrade doesn’t stay permanent – Juno can walk out of the shelter, and walk back in with it unupgraded. Upgrading also refunds your Base Points. Fixed on both ends by removing refund and adding switch to register shelter is upgraded for re-entry.All side missions are marked full during the evac from Brookside if you didn’t actually start any of them. Fixed by adding additional switches to all three.
Item limit cap was set to 99 previously. This stopped you getting more ammo and Base Points past 99. Importantly, also prevented you getting the Med Station upgrade for the shelter. Remedied by changing item cap to 9999.Second computer in Subway Tunnels doesn’t show Hansen’s email if you opened Door 2 before looking at it. This prevents you from jumping over the pit if you had read the email, and thus prevents you getting the early shotgun.Missing car has been added to the CBD map.Missing Crawler Gameover variation (first one) added to the Gallery.
Door to the “shotgun room” in the subway still requires x11 Strength, but due to removed attributes it is impossible to obtain. Fixed.Permanent Cigarettes pickup added to the Subway Tunnels for David’s tradeoffComputer still registers INT in the first subway room. Fixed.x1 missing CG variation in the Walker Gameover has been added in.v0.09.2
The wait is over! It’s time for the patron release of Overgrown: Genesis 0.09! This is a fairly big update for O:G, with the addition of x5 CGs, two new stages, and revisions made to previous stages, as well as various system overhauls.
New level – the Jamesway Bridge. First mission out of Fort Patton. Revisits all previous enemies in one go, and will be used for the Reptile swarm and unlocks in the future.New level – the Central Business District (CBD). Second mission out of Fort Patton. Re-visitable (ie. you can go back to Fort Patton and then come back to the CBD at any time).New enemy type – Hiveminds and Hivelings/”Grunts”. A step-up from the infected, these new “mutant” enemies require some thinking to defeat. Hivelings are immortal and will continually respawn no matter how many times they’re killed. The only way to permanently defeat them is to destroy their Hivemind.New scene, the Hiveling/Grunt attack (+CG set).New scene, the Hiveling/Grunt gameover (+CG set).New encounter type – Captives. Ever wonder what happened to the women that the infected successfully capture? … Captives are the breeding cattle of Hiveminds, hapless women who are bound up, and then impregnated and forced to spawn Hivelings, again, and again, and again. There are two variations – “normal” Captives, who can be rescued using Bleach to dissolve their bonds, and “doomed” Captives, who can only be granted the mercy of a swift death.The subway system has been expanded, and made double the size.New scene (+CG set) with an insane survivor, David, used to work in the subway and whose computer you encounter first when you enter the level.New swarm ending (+CG set) for the Crawlers, in the subway’s “shotgun room”; triggers if you didn’t read up on the warning via Leslie’s computer’s emails and trip through the loose floorboards.New swarm ending (+CG set) for the Runners, in the Police HQ located in Dangerzone East, in a new “evidence locker” room; triggers if you didn’t divert the Runners inside via the alarm.Fort Patton maps added, including the compound exterior when exiting the Civilian Shelter, as well as the new Military HQ and Armoury.Numerous new sprites and portraits for the new military cast.New tiles introduced for the military setting.Stat boosting items, as well as stats/attributes in general, have been removed from the game.Reaching “checkpoints” now only increases Morale, rather than having you pick between Hunger or Morale, and also removes the attribute aspect.New “Base Points” mechanic introduced.New major characters, General Hawke and Quartermaster Taylor. General Hawke is the quest-giver for Fort Patton, while Quartermaster Taylor is your go-to merchant, allowing you to sell food items for Base Points, and purchase various items and upgrades for trade goods.Cheats now available from the Menu.Gallery now available from the Menu. First unlock (the test animation) is free. Second unlock is after you finish the Prologue (Billy and Gavin scenes). Third unlock after you enter the subway (All three Walker scenes). Fourth unlock after you finish the subway stage (All three Crawler scenes + subway survivor scene). The unlocks for the Hounds, Runners, and Reptiles will follow in later updates; tentatively, for Cold Pines, Dangerzone, and Jamesway Bridge.FIXES:
Broken pathing for computer tables and computer terminals fixed.Black area underneath the office building in Hamilton fixed (pathing issue).Inaccessible sparkles around Dangerzone fixed.Rifle Packs don’t give ammo, only more Rifle Packs; fixed.KNOWN ISSUES:
Item categories are broken for now due to a faulty RMMV update.Using the Gallery allows you to “quick escape” from any situation due to the enemy locations being reset.
0.08.2 NEW CONTENT:
* Added CG + text for the Reptile Bad End scene.
* Added CG + text for the Hound Bad End scene.
* Hopefully, fixed the bug that stopped Cassie’s quest being marked as full.
* Numerous cosmetic issues with tiles and text have been addressed.
0.08 NEW CONTENT:
* The primary mission of the “Return to Brookside” questline is now ready and playable. Journey to Dangerzone North, and you’ll encounter old enemies Billy and Gavin, who have been at each others’ necks and left destruction in their wake. In this mission, the main goal is to retrieve the APC, which will allow the evacuation of the safezone to begin. Do note the safezone evacuation CAN start without completing the sidequests – but this will result in a penalty that I will expand upon in the next update.
* Dangerzone North maps have been added. These include the Suits HQ, the Garage, and the Flooded Basement.
* Added the new Reptile enemy, who comes ready with his “attack” scenes. His bad end scenes will be patched in shortly. Reptiles are found in watery/flooded areas. They replace the Crawlers in the Safezone Sewers.
* Watery/flooded maps now disable Juno’s ability to run, making it that much more terrifying when you see the new Reptiles and move at a crawl…
* The Runner’s bad end scene now has new CG!
* Added new sprites and facesets for the “Operative” (first seen in the hospital at Hamlin Square) and the “Soldier” (who you will find after the evacuation).
* All items now have relevant icons attached to them! A small, but essential cosmetic element!
* New item system that organises your loot for you!
* Experimental new “barter” system in place for all merchants that should make trading a less hectic affair.
* All those bottles of bleach you found now have a use. Certain areas of the map will be cut off or blocked by plant growth, which can be destroyed using bleach. These won’t block essential pathways, but instead things like loot and shortcuts.
* Small parts of Fort Patton are playable immediately post-evacuation. Will expand in later updates, especially with regards to how well you did in the evacuation process.
* SFX effects added here and there… too numerous to list individually.
* Fixed the missing fadeout for the Anguished Runner.
* Typos and grammatical errors in dialogue corrected here and there… Let me know if you find any!
* Tileset issues tweaked with to allow better movement ability. Can’t be perfect, really, given the nature of the engine and the way the tiles work.
PATCH CONTENT (0.07.2)
* Critical reload bug fixed.
* Removed fuel being mistakenly given when picking up the shotgun shells in the boat shed.
* Some ‘stuck’ zombie positions changed.
NEW CONTENT (0.07.1)
* Dangerzone now available; three distinct areas – Dangerzone Central, Dangerzone East, and Dangerzone South. North (primary storyline) is not yet available. East and South are sidequest areas. Within these larger areas you will find: Ration Distribution Center, Police HQ, Overrun Apartment Building, Old Warehouse, and Maintenance Shed.
* All enemies have been outfitted with smarter AI. They now only start pursuing Juno after she enters their field of vision. An alert sound and a balloon icon will pop up if Juno is sighted. Each enemy acts individually so alerting one does not mean alerting the entire horde. Walkers move randomly, Crawlers can ‘sniff out’ Juno and will move slowly towards her over time, and Hounds will only move in a limited area (their ‘territory’) and will only pursue Juno if she gets too near.
* New enemy type – the Runner – has been introduced, and comes with the attack CG already in place! Runners patrol areas that they would have frequented ‘in life’ (ie. Infected policemen are found patrolling checkpoints or traffic stops). They move the fastest out of all enemies, but quickly lose interest if Juno hides behind objects and will return to their ‘patrol’ positions.
* Gameover CGs have been added to the Walker and the Crawler. Text content has also been rewritten.
* New metallic-type windows/border.
* New weapons available: the Improved Pistol and the Rifle. The Improved Pistol is, as the name implies, an upgraded version of the regular Pistol that uses the same ammo to greater effect. The Rifle is a long-ranged weapon that can snipe enemies from afar, but has the rarest ammo type – use sparingly!
* All NPCs, enemies included, will stop moving when messages or other events are occurring. This is to prevent enemies being able to swarm the player after the first enemy has stopped the player in their tracks but the other enemies are still able to move and converge on player location.
* Custom music by Slaleky added and replacing all previous tracks.
* Enemy health has been updated and weapon specs have been accordingly adjusted. Hounds have 1 HP, Runners have 2 HP, Walkers are now 3 HP, and Crawlers have a beefy 4 HP. Pistol damage is 1, Improved Pistol damage is 2, Rifle is 3, and Shotgun is 5. All melee weapons have a damage value of 9.
* An “infection counter” is now visible in the top right (as well as on the menu, bottom left).
* Fixed a bug where the ammo count didn’t update if you loaded from a previous save, and would show the incorrect count of the previous save until re-equipped or reload is used.
* No more firing/reloading sound when moving to new locations.
* No longer will you be able to keep spamming the struggle meter even when you’ve run out of time. Meter will also stop filling once maxed out.
* Juno no longer walks around with the pipe equipped visually even though nothing is actually equipped. Sprite will be unarmed until you equip something, should work flawlessly.
* All enemy positions had to be reshuffled as part of the new AI programming (that was a living hell, I tell you)
* Fixed critical error that stopped Missions from working as intended.
* Fixed the solo access point from Brookside Remnants into Brookside Safezone. Entire road now usable as access.
* Wrong/Old sprites being used in subway and hospital removed.
* Various bits of dialogue changed/corrected, too many to list individually.
* Fixed the Hospital Dossier showing up as Canned Food in pickup text.
* Donny’s questline fixed up; you need to read the note first to tell him about Sarah.
* The Hounds in the Water Treatment Plant changed to Runners.
* Reward changed for Water Treatment Plant.
* Hounds no longer die from successful struggle.
* Some cosmetic/graphical bugs fixed up here and there, Prologue, mainly.
* Reuploaded to address the naming error which screws up extraction. Previous version was renamed, but not sure if that works 100% on mega, so previous version was reuploaded properly for insurance purposes.
(Mostly the same from the last release; the programmer’s in a bit of a bad place, so I’m just waiting for him to get back on his feet before he tackles these)
* New gore sprites added for better ambience.
* Water Treatment Plant bug fixed, questline can now be fulld.
FIXES FOR 0.06.1:
* Mission log only displaying the first mission has been addressed. Some missions not being removed on completion also fixed.
* Partially fixed the music cutting off during scenes and during struggles. It still happens sometimes… we’re workin’ on it.
* The Hound’s movespeed has been reduced
NEW CONTENT IN 0.06.1:
* A new enemy type, the Crawler, has been added as per popular decision. The Crawler is only found in dark, usually underground places. Additionally, the Crawler is coming with its attack scene CG set attached!
* The CG set for the Hound’s attack scene has been added.
* Expect to see old friends! Dr. Peters, Natasha, Cassie, and Sofia will play major roles in the expanded storyline. Where previously unseen in the Prologue, they have now all been added there for a bit of bonus character development.
* On that note, the storyline has been expanded to include Chapter Two. This benchmark will see you return to the sanctuary to partake in one main questline and three side questlines. Currently, only one of the side questlines (Sofia’s) is available.
* Chapter Two takes introduces several new map sets: the Safezone (and all accompanying interior buildings), the Sewer System, and the Water Treatment Plant. Many more maps in progress, to be added in later.
* The Supermarket in Hamilton has been reskinned.
* Tired of carrying around all those useless cigarettes? These can now be traded for ammo with a Weary Policeman who stands outside the safehouse in Chapter Two. (you may want to hang on to ’em for something better in the future though… *hint hint*)
* Brand new, unique icons are replacing the default RPGMaker assets to give the game a more unique feel. We’ve fulld only 40% of ’em, and still have a few more to go. As a result, some items have no icon graphic yet, so don’t panic, it’s not a glitch or anything. We were also planning to overhaul the actual menu and borders, but the progress for those are delayed due to staff having some personal problems, so it’s better to give them some time and just release an update with what we have first.
Overgrown: Genesis: screenshots
Get Overgrown: Genesis (v. 0.09.5) free right now.
Want high speed download? Just take a Premium Pro subscription on k2s and get full access.